The Fidra Hat is a fun and quick bulky knit. Play with yarn overs, garter and stockinette stitch textures and get a peak into lace knitting. In two sessions you’ll learn the German Twisted Cast On, basic shaping increase and decrease techniques plus how to read a chart.
Skills needed: Working knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off. Familiarity with KFB (Knit Front and Back) increase stitch, K2Tog (Knit 2 Together) and SSK (Slip, Slip, Knit) decreases helpful but not necessary.
Wednesdays, January 4 & 11 from 6:30-8pm
- Fidra Hat pattern on Ravelry.
- 130 yards chunky weight yarn (extra needed if adding a pom pom)
Shown in Brooklyn Tweed Quarry (100% American Wool; 200 yards/100g) in “Gypsum”
- US 9/5.5mm 16-inch circular needle
US 10/6mm 16-inch circular needle
US 10/6mm set of dpn’s or long circular needle (if prefer using magic loop)
- 4 locking stitch markers, one unique from the others
- Tapestry needle
- Washi tape or small post-it notes
- Optional materials: needle point protectors, scissors, small measuring tape
Skills Needed: Have knit a hat in the round before.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.