Knit your first hat! In this class we’ll learn all the basics of knitting in the round: casting on, decreases, using double point needles plus binding off, weaving in ends and blocking. In two sessions you’ll have a chunky hat to keep you warm and the skills to make more.
- Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches, plus casting on and binding off.
- Wednesdays, October 18 & 25 from 6:30-8pm.
- Pattern will be provided
- 1 skein bulky yarn – at least 115 yards
- US#13, 16″ circular needle
- US#13 double point needles
- 6-8 jumbo locking stitch markers
- Tapestry needle.
- Optional materials: small measuring tape, needle point protectors and scissors
First Hat Kits available at The Tea Cozy.
Online classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.