The Highland Slipover by Ozetta is a versatile layering piece to add to your wardrobe. It’s worked from the top down with an oversized fit- if that’s the look you want- and features a double layer at the neck for added warmth. In this class you’ll learn a whole new type of construction plus how to adjust sizing for the fit you want. We’ll break down gauge, German Short Rows, holding and picking up stitches and the sewn tubular bind off. A fun garment to learn valuable new skills while adding to your knitting toolbox. Perfect for the adventurous knitter.
- Solid knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting flat and in the round, casting on and binding off. Familiarity with increases and short rows is helpful but not necessary.
- Class: Wednesdays, August 31, September 14 & 28, October 12 & 26, November 9 from 6:30-8pm
- Highland Slipover pattern by Ozetta available on Ravelry or at Ozetta Knitwear
- Worsted weight yarn in the amount stated for your size in the pattern
- US #7, 4.5mm 16″ and 32-40″ circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge or desired fabric
- US #6, 4mm 16″ circular needles, or one size down from main needles
- Locking stitch markers, two different colors if possible
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Needle point protectors
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color than your sweater yarn), stitch holders or extra cables
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
Homework: Knit a gauge swatch in stockinette stitch worked flat. More details located on Knit Work page once you register for class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop.
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.