via Zoom with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop.
Let’s knit a cozy, bulky sweater to keep you warm. This quick knit uses raglan construction and is worked top down in one piece using the garter stitch. In this class you learn sweater knitting basics that can apply to many future garment projects. A great first sweater or just a fun knit to practice your sweater knitting skills
- Confident with knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off. Familiarity with increases is helpful.
- Class: Wednesdays, January 25, February 2 & 16, March 2 & 16 from 6:30-8pm
- Meri Sweater pattern by Jonna Hietala available on Ravelry
- Super Bulky yarn in the amount stated for your size in the pattern.
- US#15, 32”-40” circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge (we’ll go over this in our first class)
- Shorter circular needles or double pointed needles in the same size as the sweater for sleeves and neck ribbing (unless you choose the magic loop technique)
- Locking stitch markers, three different colors if possible
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Needle point protectors
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color than your sweater yarn)
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
Homework: Knit a gauge swatch in the round. Instructions provided once you register for the class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.