via ZOOM with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
Take a leap and learn to cable! The First Cables hat is a perfect way to learn the basics of cable knitting. Choose from a beanie or double-brimmed watchcap and in two sessions you’ll learn to cable with and without a cable needle, basic shaping increase and decrease techniques plus how to read a chart.
Skills needed: Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off.
Wednesdays, October 6 & 13 from 10-11:00am
- First Cables Hat pattern available on Ravelry
- 150 / 230 total yards of DK weight yarn for Beanie / Watchcap.
- US#6 16″ circular needle
- US#4 16″ circular needle
- US#6 double pointed needles
- 4 locking stitch markers, one unique from the others
- Cable needle
- Tapestry needle
- Washi tape or small post-it notes
- Optional materials: needle point protectors, scissors, small measuring tape
- Work pattern up to Increase Round after completing ribbed brim.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.