via ZOOM with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
The Interval Shawl by Brooklyn Tweed is the perfect next step in your knitting journey. A wonderful first shawl for the beginner knitter or the knitter picking up needles again after a break. You’ll be introduced to what gauge means, pattern reading; practice the knit and purl stitch; learn the knit-front-and-back increase and provisional cast-on. You’ll also learn how to fix common knitting mistakes. In 3 sessions, you’ll have a gorgeous shawl to wear and lots of knitting confidence.
Skills needed: Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches plus casting on and binding off.
Sundays, March 6, 20, April 3 from 10-11:15am
- Interval Shawl pattern available on Ravelry
- 725/ 870/ 1015 yards of DK weight yarn, depending on what size shawl you choose
- US#7 32″ or longer circular needle
- 3 locking stitch markers
- Crochet hook, similar size to knitting needle
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color but similar weight as your shawl yarn)
- Tapestry needle
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.