via ZOOM with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
The Interval Shawl is the perfect next step in your knitting journey. A wonderful first shawl for the new knitter and a great way to continue to grow the skills you learned in My First Cowl or My First Hat in the Round class. You’ll be introduced to what gauge means and pattern reading; practice the knit and purl stitch, the knit-front-and-back increase, plus learn how to do a provisional cast-on. In 3 sessions, you’ll have a cozy shawl to wear and the skills to knit more.
Skills needed: Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches plus casting on and binding off.
Sundays, October 17 & 31, November 14 from 1-2pm
- Interval Shawl pattern available on Ravelry
- 725/ 870/ 1015 yards of DK weight yarn, depending on what size shawl you choose
- US#7 32″ or longer circular needle
- 3 locking stitch markers
- Crochet hook, similar size to knitting needle
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color but similar weight as your shawl yarn)
- Tapestry needle
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.