Novice Cardigan (Chunky Edition) by Petite Knit
via Zoom with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
Springtime and cardigans go hand in hand. Knit from the top down, this simple knit utilizes easy techniques to produce a stunning sweater. We’ll begin with yarn selection and knitting a gauge swatch. We’ll then go through each step while learning tips to customize the pattern for a great fit. Whether this is your first cardigan or one of many, it’ll be a great addition to your closet.
- Firm knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting flat plus casting on and binding off stitches. Familiarity with increases is helpful but not necessary.
- Class: Wednesdays, 6:30-8pm. April 6, 20, May 4, 18, June 1 & 15.
- Novice Cardigan (Chunky Edition) pattern by Petite Knit available on Ravelry
- See pattern for yarn suggestions.
- US# 10.75, 32” or 40” circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge
- US# 10.75, 16” circular needles or double point needles for sleeves if not using magic loop technique
- US# 10, 32” or 40” circular needles
- US# 10 double point needles for cuff if not using magic loop technique
- Locking stitch markers
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Needle point protectors
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color than your sweater yarn)
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
- Knit a gauge swatch. More information will be emailed to registered students prior to start of class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.