Turn a heel with confidence and knit your own warm socks for winter. In this class you’ll knit a cuff-down sock while learning all the basics of sock knitting that fits your foot! Learn about sizing, turning a heel and the Kitchener stitch to close the toe. At the end of the series, you’ll have one knit sock and the skills to complete the pair.
Skills needed: Confident with knit & purl stitches, increases & decrease stitches plus knitting in the round. Familiarity with increases, decreases and Short Rows helpful
- Sundays, September 11, 18, 25 & October 2 from 1-2:30pm
- Free Rye Sock pattern by Tin Can Knits available at Ravelry or at Tin Can Knits
- 150 (175, 200, 250, 300, 350) yards worsted / aran weight yarn for Baby (Toddler, Child, Adult S, M, L) sizes
- US #3 / 3.25mm dpns (or 40″+ circular for magic loop)
US #5 / 3.75mm dpns (or 40″+ circular for magic loop)
(or as required to meet gauge)
- Tapestry needle
- 3 locking stitch markers, 1 in a different color
- Optional materials: small measuring tape, needle point protectors and scissors
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.