Play with color and explore stranded colorwork while knitting this sweater that features a fun, geometric yoke. In this class you’ll learn colorwork knitting techniques, tips on choosing colors and about color dominance plus how to adjust the yoke to get a great fit. Expand your knitting skills in to the world of colorwork sweaters.
- You have knit a garment or two and are confident with knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off along with beginning experience with colorwork.
- Class: Sundays Jan 8, 15 & 29, February 12, March 5 & 19 from 1-2:30pm
- DK weight yarn in the amount stated for your size in the pattern. You’ll need yarn in the Main Color (MC) and one Contrast Color (CC).
- US #6 / 4mm & US #7 / 4.5mm in 16″, 24″ and 36″ lengths (you can use double pointed needles or 9″ circular needles for the sleeves if not using Magic Loop.) Or needle sizes as required to meet gauge)
- Locking stitch markers, three different colors if possible
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Needle point protectors
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color than your sweater yarn) or stitch holders
- Washi tape
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
Homework: Knit a gauge swatch in the round in stockinette and stranded colorwork using larger needles. Instructions provided once you register for the class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop.
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.