The Super Simple Summer Sweater is a basic top-down circular yoke pullover by Joji Locatelli. This sweater introduces the new or more experienced knitter to color play, yarn choice and custom sizing. In this class, we’ll take a deep dive into gauge swatching to create a fabric you love and what to do if you don’t get the pattern’s gauge. From there, we’ll breakdown each technique step by step plus learn how to avoid jogs in our stripes. A great first sweater or an opportunity to dive deeper into sweater knitting.
- Solid knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off. Familiarity with increases is helpful.
- Class: Wednesdays, September 21, October 5 & 19, November 2, 16 & 30 from 6:30-8pm
- Super Simple Summer Sweater pattern by Joji Locatelli available on Ravelry or at JojiKnits.
- Worsted weight yarn in two colors in the amount stated for your size in the pattern
- US #3, 16″ and 32″ circular needles
- US #3 double pointed needles or US #3, 32” or 40” circular needles if you prefer to use magic loop method for the cuffs.
- US #6, 32” circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge or desired fabric
- US #6 double pointed needles or US #6, 32” or 40” circular needles if you prefer to use magic loop method for the sleeves.
- Locking stitch markers, two different colors if possible
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Needle point protectors
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color than your sweater yarn) or stitch holders
- Tapestry needle
- Measuring tape
Homework: Knit a gauge swatch in the round. More details located on Knit Work page once you register for class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop.
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.