Wilson Top by Allyson Dykhuizen
This perfect for summer tee is knit from the top down using eyelet increases for the yoke and an easy to memorize all over mock garter stitch pattern. In this class we’ll learn how to swatch with cotton or linen yarns (or wool if you choose), follow a pattern and how to customize the yoke for a great fit. Whether this is your first knit top or not, it’s a fun and quick knit for new and seasoned garment knitters. Imagine how warm it will be when we wear our summer Wilson Tops!
- Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off stitches.
- Class: Wednesdays, April 26; May 10, 24; June 7 from 6:30-8pm
- Wilson Top pattern by Allyson Dykhuizen.
- See pattern for yarn suggestion. Or 925 yards (or more if you want to add length) of Sport or DK weight yarn
- US# 6, 24” circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge or desired fabric
- US# 4, 16” circular needles or two sizes smaller than main needle
- Locking stitch markers
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color)
- Tapestry needle
- Needle point protectors
- Measuring tape
- Knit a gauge swatch. More information will be emailed to registered students prior to start of class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop.
All classes are taught live via Zoom and feature two cameras. Learn all about our classes here.
There are no reviews yet.