Wilson Top by Allyson Dykhuizen
via Zoom with The Tea Cozy Yarn Shop
This perfect for summer tee is knit from the top down using eyelet increases for the yoke and an easy to memorize all over mock garter stitch pattern. In this class we’ll learn how to swatch with cotton or linen yarns (or wool if you choose), utilize a lifeline and how to customize the yoke for a great fit. This tee is a fun and quick knit for new and seasoned garment knitters. Imagine how warm it will be when we wear our summer Wilson Tops!
- Basic knowledge of knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round plus casting on and binding off stitches.
- Class: Sundays 1-2:30pm. May 8 & 22, June 5 & 19.
- Wilson Top pattern by Allyson Dykhuizen. Pattern included in class and will be emailed to students before class begins.
- See pattern for yarn suggestion. Or 925 yards (or more if you want to add length) of Sport or DK weight yarn
- US# 6, 24” circular needles or size needed to achieve gauge or desired fabric
- US# 4, 16” circular needles or two sizes smaller than main needle
- Locking stitch markers
- Crochet needle or stitch fixer
- Waste yarn (yarn scrap in a contrasting color)
- Tapestry needle
- Needle point protectors
- Measuring tape
- Knit a gauge swatch. More information will be emailed to registered students prior to start of class.
Students receive a 10% discount on yarn for this class purchased at The Tea Cozy.